Monday, October 13, 2008

lessons

SO i have to say that my new ward is soooooo uplifting! a lot of the people there are much older than me and have been through sooo many more things than i have, and have learned so much more. today in R.S we talked about trials and how they make us stronger. I was swept away in anguish for the Prophet Joseph smith when he was dragged away in the middle of the night by the stupid mob and tared and feathered, our teacher made it so real that i seriously felt his wifes pain! i mean how many of us would allow our husbands to go through all that he went through! Emma was a AWESOME latter day woman! she stood by her hubby and kept him going! it made me really think of all the petty little things that i get upset at and how they are just not worth the negative feelings and i can save my self from all of those little trials in life!
Joseph was an incredible man to go and teach the following day and look in the eyes of the men that had nearly killed him the night before and teach them! WOW!! what an awesome awesome man! for some reason it has never hit me as hard as it did in todays lesson, of how much of a faithful servant joseph really was. i really am glad and know there is a reason i am in the ward that i am in! i have learned so much from these brothers and sisters in these couple of months than i ever have in my life! maybe i am getting older or maybe its cause i dont have a calling yet, or a crying baby in my lap, but i am thankful that i am able to learn from these great teachers! i am grateful for Joseph Smith and for pretty much living a life of "Come what may, and love it!".

3 comments:

Ariane said...

I am so glad you are loving your ward so much! It really does make a difference. You are so wonderful Steph, I love you!

Jenny said...

The one day I visit RS (in mom and dad's ward)...this was a fantastic lesson! Joseph Smith was/is an amazing man! I love to read about his life and my kids love the story of the First Vision. I agree that for the first time in 11years I'm soaking so much more in. It does have to do with no babies in tow. Its so nice! BTW- I think I might try to do that race. I talked to Melanie, my trainer (not trainer anymore, if this makes sense) and I'm trying to convince her to do it too. So let me know if you still need me and if you want me to recruit others! I dido ariane... YOU ARE WONDERFUL AND I LOVE YOU 2!

Jenn said...

This weeks lesson really got to me too!