Friday, May 29, 2009

Day one

Finally I have some time to blog about our trip! 
Matt left work early to get some sleep in before the BIG drive. We left around 11pm so that the kids would pass out for hopefully most the time. We left Haven home with my sis annie( which was so so so so nice:)) We left and about 5 minutes later I realized I had forgotten our hotel papers! haha so we had to turn around, but it was straight to Cali after that! I'll tell ya what trying to sleep while pregnant in a van is NOT my idea of fun! I got about 3 hours of in and out sleep but it was fun being able to talk with Matt and discuss our future plans and stuff! 
 The kids slept till about 6:30 and then were up watching movies.  They were SOOO good! we got to San Diego about 10 when we realized they were of course an hour behind our time so really it was only 9!! AHH we had soooo much time to kill because we could not check into our hotel till 3! so we decided to go to the San Diego zoo! It was so much fun! and so much to see, there are over 4,000 animals! This place was HUGE! we did not see it all because there was just too much hiking and we were getting tired. I mean there was a stinkin escalator for cryin out loud to get to the top of the zoo, i swear this place has its own mountain! 
  Everything was outside so it was just stunning to see everything and all the different vegetation there was!
The kids thought this was cool because this is one of the plants that dinosaurs ate!
I took this picture to show how HUGE these goldfish are compared to those ducks! They could eat them!!

and this is the map of the place!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

I love the long drives where Andy and I talk about the future. Your kids are looking so grown up!

Joe N' Jess said...

That is so awesome! Where is the rest? I mean that was just the beginning! I miss you guys!!!!

Ariane said...

I can't believe you went straight to the zoo after driving for so long!!!!