Sunday, September 12, 2010

Surgery







Here a few pics of Aubs before and after her surgery. We arrived at the hospital at about 6:50 am. We packed a nice backpack full of games, puzzles and books to pass the time before surgery. While we were playing Uno the medicine that they gave her started kicking in and she was acting all sorts of goofy! It was so fun! They took her at about 8am and brought her back to me at about 8:45am. She was handling it pretty good. She started crying after she saw the I.V that they had put in her hand. I felt so bad for her and wanted so badly to know how the poor girl was feeling! She did not want to talk or have me read to her (so not my aubrey!)
We waited about 25 minutes before she was feeling up to leaving so I got her dressed and we started walking out of the room when she told me she was going to throw up (she was most afraid of throwing up because Haven had a few times after her tonsils were removed), so I hurried and grabbed one of these cool little throw up baggie things but did not get it in enough time before I felt wetness all on my side. At least she had just got done eating an orange Popsicle and not a red one! Anyway I put her back on the bed and let her finish and then I had the nurse wheel chair her out, which she thought was sooo cool! It was then off to Walgreens to get these cool numbing sucker things that Matt's pharmacy compounds and then to Wal-Mart for aubrey's all you can eat Popsicle and icecream shopping spree. She threw up one more time at the store in her nifty bag and has not again since:)
She is doing fabulous and takes her pain medicine diligently and drinks alot of fluid often!
Yesterday was our stake carnival. Aubrey said she really wanted to go so we went for a couple of hours and so much fun! She was really bummed that she could not go in the bounce houses but she had fun playing the games and eating snowcones. The carnival makes me really excited for the Ward one that I am preparing for in October! It will be sooo much fun!
Anyway I also threw in a few pics of working on my little brothers yard trying to prepare it for topsoil and grass, it is nasty work! lol!
Happy Sabbath!






1 comment:

Joe N' Jess said...

Yes, I have read all of these, read them for myself and then again to Joey. Anyways, haha, I love that you took pics of Aubs before and after!! SO FUN! I hate that Joey and I aren't in any of the pics! I was the rock picker! And I know we were there, our car is in the picture....