Thursday, August 28, 2008

update on parker

alright so yesterday was the worst day EVER for kindergarten! Parker cried the whole way there and into the classroom and was still crying after i left, i stayed and watched him in the window for a while and was STILL crying. a couple of little girls started crying cause he was crying and then i left....i was not going to be responsible! LOL....
well they did not call me or anything like they do in church, so that was nice, they must know what they are doing cause when i picked him up he was happy but said he was never going again he wanted to just stay home with me and play with his trucks.
we had like an hour long talk and i can not figure out what is wrong with him.
he has hated playing and getting to know other people ever since his little friend Jaxton moved out of our old circle. i have tried playdates and all.
so i talked to my great sister inlaw and she told me to try to not make a big deal about school or friends and just say it is a part of life and leave it at that,,,,,,yeah right!......so i tried it this morning. woke him up he flipped out when i changed him said he hated me and would not help me make pancakes...i told him i loved him and everyone goes to school, and said it was not a big deal school is school....that was ALL i said and would not acknowledge his complaints....i made pancakes..he ate them...kissed samm off to school( parker said he did not want to walk so i am going to drive him) and then him and aubrey started playing pollys! first of all he NEVER plays with aubrey AND he was in a great mood. i told them they had 5 minutes to play he said K----
(((just to let you know when i was a kid my mom would put a treat on our beds if we made them before we left to school so i have started doing that with mine and it DOES help them get out the door)))
so i went to tell him time to go and he started to cry but i slyly showed him the sucker i was about to leave on his made bed and he instantly got up to get his shoes and got his bag on and said he wanted to walk....well i told him it was too late know but we could walk tomorrow he said okay and hopped in the car and off we went, got to school, out the door and off to class....WOW FOLKS CAN YOU SAY MOOD SWINGS!!!!!!!
anyway he has been in a great mood i only asked him a couple of things about school and friends and left it at that and now we are about to play a game together and write his name:)
(((((he even talked about going tomorrow!)))))
THANK YOU SO MUCH JEN FOR THE GREAT ADVISE!!!!!!
plain and simple, boys are very LOW MAINTENANCE AND LIKE IT THAT WAY! lol

3 comments:

Jenn said...

I think I need to steal your moms little trick! I'd love to see the kids make there beds every morning and asking them just doesn't do it... so maybe the treat thing will.

And I sure hope Parker starts really liking school soon. Hopefully this new look on things lasts for him. ((And you!!))

Shannon said...

I hope things go better next week! Poor kid!

P.S. I love the idea about the candy! I might have to steal it! :)

Have a great weekend!

Jenny said...

HOORAY! I'm so glad that he is doing better. It really is the magic 1 week and hopefully easier from then on out! You are so awesome and I love the treat on the pillow idea...I might have to do that with my kids. Ray and Joe HATE cleaning their rooms and it takes them all day and lots of tantrums...so thank you for your great advice!