Wednesday, November 14, 2007

still alive

Can I just say that I give soooo much thanks to all that run the church! I can not believe how much people have to do in callings! this new calling is seriously the biggest one I have had,and i got a HUGE reality check that how awesome our church is! if it was not for all the members we would be nothing..Becky you are sooo awesome for all that you do and I am sooo willing to help out in all that I can for you ...i took all my other callings for granted i guess cause they were cake compared to this, someone must be preparing me for a great life up there! anyway i had my first meeting last night with my presidency and it was so much fun to just hang out with REAL women, not children!, it was a bit intimidating but they were super nice. I was really excited to get to know all the names in the primary too! i can not believe how many kids there are! It is going to be really exciting....my LoooooonG days at the good old Discover Card are not too bad thanks to my baby brother that is taking care of my kids! they love him soo much and he plays with them i think more than i do!! he takes them to the park, on walks, makes up games, and CLEANS my house! he is amazing the women that marries him will be soooo LUCKY! anyway i joined the gym at my work so i can work out still and i tell you what it is NOT, I repeat NOT like Golds! how i miss the big screen i get to watch! now i just stare at the wall as i am running on one of three treadmills:) YES it is extremely small..but it will do for the next 2 months. they have really nice showers and provide towels soap, lotion, shampoo, conditioner..and blow dryers,curling irons..so i am set !!! anyway life is great at the Ballard home getting excited for the holidays..missing my sisters and hoping my sweet Sammantha will not get sent to Kindergarten in her jammies:) have a good week!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Read a book or get the General conference talks to read or listen to while you run. Just a thought!

Jenny said...

Man, that is exactly what I thought after my first presidency meeting! It's a bit overwhelming at first but as time goes by it feels so good to be serving in the capacity that you are serving in! You will have so many blessings come into your life! At times you will feel that it's too much but don't worry, because these things prepare you in so many ways to become a better wife, mother and daughter of God...sorry for the hokeyness (if that's a word) but it's sooo true! I thought primary was overwhelming, now I'm getting a glimse of Young Womens and holy cow! These girls are worrying about so much more that what they worried about as children and we, as leaders have to give them someone to come to and be and example for and that's really challenging and overwhelming for me! But it will be good for me and prepare me for what's around the corner in my girls reaching teenagehood! The gospel is for US! However much we give and take from it will bless us! I'm so excited for you and your new calling and am anxious to talk to you as time goes by and hear how things go for you! I miss you!

Becky and Bryce said...

You are awesome, and sorry for throughing so much on your plate right off. I am so grateful for you, seriously need you!!!! Thanks so much for all your willingness. It means so much.