Tuesday, June 9, 2009

STOP making out with girls!

So apparently we have a strep "carrier" in our family! Mr.Parker!! Haven woke up monday saying her throat hurt and of course with her history I took her in.
Now last December we could not get rid of strep for her for almost 2 months, so the plan was if she gets strep again out comes the tonsils.....well of course like last time her doc said lets try to get rid of it and see if it comes back and THEN we will take her tonsils out!! i am a little frustrated but will trust her judgement:) ...well I had Parker and Aubs with me so we had them swabbed too just in case, I took samm in today as well.
They called me about Parker and says he is a carrier!! blah so now we have to give him meds and then if he still has it in 12 days then they give him some strong steroid or something! man that poor kid!! I told him to stop making out with the girls and he just smiled........

2 comments:

Jacki said...

I'm so sorry! Sick kids are the worst!

Jenny said...

lol...that makes me wonder about Joe, because he had strep last year but had no signs other than swollen lymph nodes and because I was concerned about them, I made the doc test Joe for strep. It came out positive. They gave him meds and all and I thought we were clear. I haven't thought about it until now and his lymph nodes are still swollen. I'll have to take him in again. The interesting thing is you'd think the other kid would get strep, just like Haven has been getting it?! Weird stuff!