Monday, October 15, 2007

Poor Haven!

So it has been soooo long since I have been able to get on my computer! I have had some serious withdrawals..My sweet Haven has still been fevering on and off and has been soo cranky that I have to hold her all day and night, I have not hit the gym for 1 week and my work schedule has been just crazy trying to get all my hours in..Haven has been throwing up since yesterday and she has started this new thing where she just shivers and her hands and feet are icecold and her lips turn purple and then she goes to about 103 temp! it is sooo scary and sad so I left work early today to get some answers from her doc...first they said everything looked fine(shocker!) then they decided to do a catheter to get a sample...they brought back the results of a UTI!!! yikes i was so shocked and upset that she has been fighting this thing for soo long..so they gave her this shot of antibodies that was as thick as molasses so it took about 1 minute to get the thing all in her body ! it was soooo sad she just kept staring into my eyes,crying while they were doing this to her..I tell ya there is nothing like the feeling when your child is right there in your arms crying and hurting and you can not do a darn thing! it was heartbreaking...well she is finally sleeping though and will go in tomorrow to get another shot and blood work so i am so happy to get this thing over with, cause as most of you moms know it is sooo mentally and physically draining on you when your children are sick for a few days even worse a few weeks!! so I am in some need of healthy child time:) ........I do have to say thank you to my dear sister in law jen who took me out to dinner AND a movie..that was soo nice! we ate at my favorite restaurant la luna and then went and saw THE dumbest movie ever!! we did have quit a bit of LOL's though so it was fun ,,we also ate like 4 boxes of candy so it was AWESOME..thanks again jen for being such an awesome sister! and thanks to my mother in law who watched my kids so I could go:)
Matthew has been really busy as well putting all the final touches on our basement..there is carpet and all the electrical stuff on and all the heater vents on it is looking fabulous! we are now just waiting for the cabinets...I will have to post some cute pics that i took later..the kids have slept down there every night since tuesday so i hope it will not be too much of a bummer when we rent it out and they can no longer godown there. o well ..i have not enjoyed running up and down the stairs a thousand times a day( although it is such a good work out!) anyway I hope to see some of you at the super saturday on saturday! it will be lots of fun

5 comments:

Jenn said...

Poor Poor Haven!!! I hate those thick shots that take forever and you just want to swoop them away from that pain! I hear ya sista!

Becky and Bryce said...

That just breaks my heart for Haven. I think they are the most painful things ever, let alone a little baby having to go through that!!! My crazy friend said she'd rather give birth then have a UTI. Give her a sqweeze for me.

Aubrey said...

Oh poor Haven! Kelsie had one of those when she was 3 months old. Not fun, do you have to go to Primarys for the fun Xray? Not trying to scare you. But good luck hope she starts feeling better soon.

mommyoffour said...

Poor little girl! Hopefully she is feeling better for her birthday! I feel like I haven't seen you forever... I always enjoy the bus stop chats! :)

Yes, I am planning on being at super saturday! Always a good time! See ya then!

Jenny said...

That was a dumb movie, huh?! I had so much fun with you!