Sunday, September 2, 2007

The Land Of Lakes






So I finally downloaded all of my pics from when Matt and I went on vacation in Minnesota.It was so much fun! I would like to thank our dear friends Brenda and Rob for having us and showing us the great lake state! The part I loved the most out there was all of the green grass and of course all of the corn! it was amazing...every house sat on at least 1/2 acre of green grass with no fences so all the yards were one big playground. I mowed robs lawn the 2nd day I was there and it took me at least an hour and that was with a cadillac of a lawn mower!..about every other house had a rainbow play set..but to my suprise not many kids were out ..I guess cause it was a bit humid..I went running every morning and found it was really hard to breath when there was so much moisture(i do not know if that was it or not but it was tough!) the second day I ran was alot better and more enjoyable, but I was afraid of getting hit by a tornado...I did not see one and hope to never see one!...The lakes out there were HUGE ..I swear every where you turned there was a big puddle of water..I do not remember which one we went sking on but it was alot of fun cause we were the only boat out there....here is a picture of rob and matt trying to pull some cool moves..they both went kneeboarding but my camera died so i did not get any pics! bummer!..anyway we also went to this resturant Gandolfs(i think) on a lake, it was pretty fancy...our plates were about 40$ each..it was so fun...the most amazing thing I would have to say in minnesota is the MALL OF AMERICA! can you say WOW...it was huge..4 levels of shopping maddness, an amusement park inside(think of lagoon) and a lego land that had sooo many lego sets (rob was in heaven ,he decided to go back in time and begin life with legos again) we will not say how much he bought L.O.L...I think he put 2 sets together in like 4 hours or less....the main reason we went to visit our friends was to be involved in the auto cross..o my gosh can you say FUN...matt and rob both drove in little beater vehicles,well robs was in good shape,but not anymore..he rolled his on the first run and boy was he ticked! I felt really bad for him cause the guys put so much time into it..they had alot of fun though..hopefully this video works that i am going to post with this.....and of course there was Violet...what can i say about this girl ..she is so CUTE! she has the most prettiest eyes and skin. she should be a model for gap! she was so well behaved and she loved everyone, she reminded me of sammy when she was a baby ..she was always smiling just like Violet..her mom(brenda) is so cute with her and is so loving, I remembered the days when I had just one! well we had a blast and we are looking forward to coming again next year, but this time brenda and I are driving at least once and hopefully do not roll! thank you so much holtburgs for showing us a good time and spending your life savings on us:)-......And of course i want to say thank you to all the wonderful people that watched our children while we were gone they had so much fun with you!....Matt is driving the 36 D D..maroon truck


3 comments:

Jenn said...

That looks like so much fun! Great race Matt!

Jenny said...

That is hilarious! Dan and I had to watch that video twice. Sounds like a super fun trip.

Jenny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.